South of Iran has different types of dates with different properties, specifications and appearance and most countries are customers of Iranian dates, but the preparation of the product according to customer needs and compliance with the necessary standards is generally not observed, so cooperation does not continue and unfortunately causes There is cooperation, we assure you that we have a special experience in the field of exporting Iranian dates with the highest standard and we will meet all the needs of your foreign customer.
Types of dates
Yes, we can pack and export dates under your own brand.
Depending on the type of date, the country of destination and also the type of shipment, it is determined what kind of container the date should be shipped with, but we recommend transporting it by refrigerator.
Dates are a monocotyledonous, tropical plant of the palm genus that is an edible fruit with a thin skin, a sweet taste, and a hard core. The fruits hang in the form of large clusters from the branch and the leaves are large. The height of the palm reaches 10 to 20 meters or more.
The date species is widespread mainly in the northern hemisphere and in Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries bordering the Persian Gulf, as well as most of North Africa and the United States, and is also found in the southern hemisphere. The area under date cultivation in Iran is 232,000 hectares, of which about 199,000 hectares are fertile.
The unripe fruit of the date is first called “Pahak” (in Bushehr) and after turning yellow or red, it is called “Kharak” or “Khark” or Kong (and in Arabic, “Hababuk”). Of course, in some places it is called Khark. Rutab is the pre-ripening stage of dates that has more moisture and less sugar than fully ripe dates.
Dates are a set of fruits, meaning that the entire fruiting body is fleshy and contains nutrients. Dates have been in the human diet since ancient times and have been one of the oldest fruits grown by humans.
Chemical composition of dates
Dates contain 25 percent sucrose, 50 percent glucose, and albumin, pectin, and water. In addition, it contains various vitamins such as vitamins A, B, C, E and some minerals.
Properties of dates
Dates have many benefits, which are considered to be very useful fruits due to the nutrients and minerals they contain. Here are some of them:
- Dates are good for pregnancy.
- For people with diabetes, dates can also be part of a healthy diet. A person with diabetes can as long as their diabetes is under control; Eat 1 to 2 dates a day, exercise regularly, and follow a healthy eating plan.
- It has a lot of proteins and nutrients.
- Useful for diarrhea.
- Humans need 9 milligrams of iron per day, which is 3 to 5 milligrams of iron per 100 grams of dates: Eating a few dates a day provides the body with the iron it needs. Iron repairs and builds red blood cells; Eating dates is a cure for anemia.
- Suitable for slimming due to high fiber.
Types of Iranian dates
One of the most important factors that can be effective in improving the quality and principles and thus the prosperity of the date industry in the world, is the use of superior and commercial date varieties. Historical documents written about 200 years ago mention 25 cultivars of date palms grown in iraq and around Khorramshahr, which are still known by the same names today, but available statistics show that over 3,000 cultivars of dates are known in the world. Most of them belong to Iran, of the 400,000 known dates in the world, 400 belong to Iran.
Most of these cultivars are scattered in 6 provinces of Khuzestan, Hormozgan, Kerman, Bushehr, Fars and Sistan and Baluchestan. The names of the dominant species of Iran and the cultivation area of these species are given below.
- Pyaram dates: In Hormozgan province and some parts of Kerman province
- Rabi dates in Jiroft, Anbarabad and Kahnooj and Golshan city of Balochistan
- Sayer dates: In Khuzestan province
- Crotte dates: In Kerman province
- Klote dates: In Jiroft, Anbarabad and Kahnooj
- Extra (Mazafati) dates: In Jiroft, Anbarabad and Bam and Saravan city
- Elingi dates: Nikshahr in Sistan and Baluchestan province
- Halilah dates: In Jiroft, Anbarabad, Kahnooj, Bam and Normashir
- Royal dates: In Fars province
- Zahedi dates: In Khuzestan province, Bushehr and south of Kerman province
- Kebkab dates: In Bushehr province
- Mardasang dates: Southern regions of Kerman province (Jiroft city, Anbarabad city, Kahnooj city) and Hormozgan province
The most important species produced in Iran are Sayer or colonial species in Khuzestan, Mazafati species in Kerman and Bam, Zahedi and Pyarom species in Hajiabad, Hormozgan and Kabkab species in Bushehr plain.
- Indigenous date cultivars in Baluchistan, Iran: Mazafati Dates, Rabbi, Sugar, Halilah, Abrogan, Calgi, Fat, Margin, Javandak, Ashkenjak, Popo, Deski, Verdivar, Bernie, Klut, Molsi, Crouch, Kundak, Katmi
- Indigenous date cultivars in Fars province: The main items of Persian dates are Shahani, Zahedi (Qasb), Kebkab and other cultivars such as Pyarom, Khasui, Colonial, Barhi, Diri, Gentar, Majul, Panja Arous, Halileh
- Indigenous cultivars of Bushehr dates: Qasb (Zahedi), Kebkab, Haj Bagheri, Barhi, Barimi, Samarun, Shekar, Sisi, Halo, Sarvari, Zandani, Khushan Khar, Stek Sarkho, Merso, Khasavi, Jamadi, Burmi, T-Ras, Shahabi, Lash, Kennedy, Khanizi , Somili, Khezravi, Gentar, Cotton, Sheikh Aali, Zamerdo, Deh Darb, Ahrami, Khavizi, Khavar, Makti, Shakhoni, Mosalla, Jozi, Ghasab and Redsti
- Hormozgan date cultivars: Pyaram dates, Mardasang, Halili, Mazafati, Khasavi, Khanizi, Shahani, Crete, Zark and Kalk Sorkh.
- Indigenous date cultivars in western Khuzestan: Liloui, Barhi (round and small and with less sweetness than other cultivars), Zahedi, Diri, Ashkar and Barim, Halavi, Bliani, Suidani, Hadak, Shekar, Bint Al-Sab, Yellow Degel, Khazravi, Colonization (Samarun), Bobaki, Chebchab, Mashtum, Jahromi, Amoobhari, Degel Sorkh, Farsi, Hadel, Khasab, Hamrawi, Hasawi, Ishaq, Jozi and Gentar, Kabkab (it has a very sweet and glassy appearance).
- Indigenous date cultivars in Kerman:
(In Bam and Normashir) Mazafati, Crout, sugar crusher, Rabbi, Kharik, Halilah
(In Jiroft and Anbarabad): Mehteri excellent Mazafati dates, Shekari (these are the two earliest types of dates that are mostly consumed locally), Kloteh (Kliteh), Mardasang (the only cold date dates in the world), Halili, Khanizi, Roughani, Shahani, Zahedi, Khezravi, Rabbi, Negar (It has very elongated fruits), Guardian, Sacrifice, Nuts
- Indigenous date cultivars in the west of Kermanshah (Qasr Shirin): Zahedi, Arzaq, Khazravi, Jafari and Ashrashi
- Indigenous date cultivars in Ilam: Khazravi, Zahedi, Ashrashi and Zaidi